Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Stakeholder Engagement Manager, based in Shetland.
* Be the main representative and point of contact for the company in Shetland, ensuring coordination in presenting and communicating messages externally across the company's projects in Shetland.
* Plan, develop and implement stakeholder engagement strategies and plans for projects to meet the company's priorities.
* Develop and deliver strategic engagement plans covering media and public relations, stakeholder engagement, public affairs, campaigns, marketing, events, supplier and partner engagement, and internal communications, in line with project requirements.
* Deliver high-quality communications that increase public understanding of and engagement with the company's activities in Shetland.
* Co-ordinate project visits and advise project managers on local stakeholder engagement.
* Support project managers to horizon scan potential communications opportunities and challenges, and lead/support Public Affairs and Communications to prepare briefs and statements if required.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's or master's degree or equivalent, in technology, engineering, science, economics, communications, business administration or similar.
* Relevant experience of working on large and complex infrastructure projects that include significant stakeholders' engagement activity.
* Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
* Strong, proactive, interpersonal skills to manage and build strong partnerships to help the company achieve its strategic priorities.
* Global mindset.
* Team player with the ability to work and deliver results in a diverse environment.
* A positive attitude to take on new challenges and adapt to dynamic environments.
* Personable and able to build trust.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Highly organised, and able to prioritise and manage their time.
* A good listener, able to keep a close pulse on stakeholder interests and perspectives, ensuring plans are delivering value to the stakeholders while also being strategically aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
* Strategic thinking and political acumen, understanding the practical implications around identified issues and being able to identify and manage risk.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069815.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.