Orion Group are sourcing a Sr Packaging Engineer (Hybrid) on behalf of our Multinational Biotechnology Client on an initial 12-month contract located in Dublin with huge potential to extend.
This position utilizes engineering principles coupled with materials science understanding to provide technical support to commercial packaging lines. The role also involves the evaluation, qualification and implementation of packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment and processes.
A strong knowledge of common materials utilized in pharmaceutical packaging is required. Understanding of packaging manufacturing equipment and processes and how materials interact with these is preferred for this position. Key material knowledge requirements of the structural components and chemical properties of polymers, adhesives, inks, varnishes and paper is also an advantage.
This role requires entry level management, excellent organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to rapidly changing environment. The candidate must demonstrate a competence in problem solving methodology and leading technical issues in a commercial operating environment.
This position is responsible and accountable for the following:
* Coordinate and lead technical issues in relation to packaging materials in a commercial environment.
* Assessing complex problems relating to materials, recommending and implementing solutions
* Write test protocols, perform technical evaluations and submitting technical assessment reports to justify the use of selected materials.
* Write Technical Specifications
* Establish priorities to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates
* Ensures cGMP and regulatory compliance are met
* Ensures that change control procedures are followed working with QA and Regulatory to implement changes
* Collaborates with cross-functional teams (i.e. QA/QC, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities.
The position will support global supply, new product introductions, partnerships/acquisitions.
* Master's degree & 3 years of directly related experience
* Bachelor's degree & 5 years of directly related experience
* MS in packaging engineering, design engineering or another engineering discipline
* 5+ years of packaging materials experience with 3+ years within the Pharma/Bio industry
* Experience in sustainable packaging design
* Independent thinker with demonstrated skills
* Working in teams or leading project teams
* Problem solving / creative thinking skills.
* Comfortable in a production environment
* Not afraid of hands-on work
* Ability to see the bigger picture and at the same time understands the importance of detailed documentation
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.