We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our multi-discipline Engineering and Construction team which is responsible for executing a project and which supports our overall goal.
This role is responsible for oversight of the design, specification, installation, commissioning, start up and operation of electrical equipment on major projects.
This role will monitor EPC activities and ensure adherence to contractual requirements, equipment specifications and project schedule.
- Required Education
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Technical knowledge of electrical equipment including HV and MV Gas Insulated switchgear, MV and LV Switchgear and MCC, UPS- and DC supply systems, HV-MV-LV industrial transformers, electric motors, generators, capacitor banks etc.
- A working knowledge of industrial HV and MV distribution systems including relay protection schemes, transfer schemes, EMC requirements etc. as well as working knowledge of industrial electric lighting, cathodic protection, grounding, and cable systems.
- Working knowledge of instrumentation, telecommunications, and security systems
- O&M experience with typical rotating equipment (i.e. compressors, pumps) in oil, gas, petrochemical or heavy industrial facilities
Experience required for the position.
- 7-10+ years' experience in a similar role on a major oil, gas, petrochemical, or heavy industrial project in either an EPC or operator capacity
- 3+ years' experience on LNG liquefaction projects is preferred but not required.
- Experience producing electrical data sheets/drawings, material requisitions, technical evaluations, and commodity specifications.
- Experience reviewing layout and hazardous area reviews to ensure equipment is installed in a safe, maintainable manner.
- Experience with electrical modeling software and such as ETAP or SKM. Experience with typical electrical modeling software studies such as Load Flow, Protection & Coordination, Motor Starting, etc.
- Experience with critical electrical equipment typically included in rotating equipment packages such as electrical synchronous/induction motors, VFDs, and transformers.
- Experience with specific, industrial electrical safety requirements
- Experience with critical electrical operating, design, installation, and testing standards from NFPA, API, IEEE, ANSI, and NEMA
- Experience with Power Management Systems, Electrical Management Systems, or Electrical Control and Monitoring systems
- Serves as a Electrical engineering subject matter expert during FEED, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up, and operation of projects.
- Collaborates with the Engineering team to ensure that facilities are designed to be safe, fit-for-purpose, and meet the specified operational standards.
- Reviews EPC contractor deliverables including data sheets, design bases, specifications, engineering calculations, vendor documents, engineering studies, reports, and scopes of work.
- Participates in design development, resolves design challenges, optimizes facility design, and identifies opportunities to positively impact CAPEX and OPEX costs.
- Ensure projects align with the organization's safety standards, meet quality benchmarks, and are within cost and schedule.
- Contributes to the creation of data sheets, drawings, material requisitions, technical evaluations, and equipment specifications for all electrical equipment, such as HV and MV Gas Insulated switchgear, MV and LV Switchgear and MCC, UPS- and DC supply systems, HV-MV-LV industrial transformers, electric motors, generators, capacitor banks.
- Participates in technical evaluations, including process hazard analyses, 3D models reviews, and constructability reviews.
- Support all factory and site acceptance testing for major equipment such as large electrical synchronous/induction motors, VFDs, and transformers.
- Facilitates electrical equipment related technical discussions with partners such as equipment suppliers, regulators, and technology partners.
- Oversees the creation of comprehensive equipment monitoring and preservation programs and ensures their successful implementation to ensure target facility reliability and availability.
- Participates in commissioning activities such as walk-downs, inspections and pre-start-up safety reviews.
- Supervises the EPC contractor on-site to ensure electrical equipment is delivered and maintained in accordance with project standards and specifications, design, and contractual terms.
- Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization to ensure clarity in expectations requirements, and deliverables.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working and collaborating with a major EPC.
- Team player with solid presentation and reporting skills
- Welcomes working in a fast paced, challenging, and diverse environment.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.