Job Title - Sr.Electrical Engineer
As part of the Department ensuring the standard of the site energy network is maintained to allow uninterrupted supplies within the existing maintenance and capital expenditures.
The electrical engineer's primary function within the organization to ensure the safe operation and maintenance of the smelter electrical distribution system, in line with directives (Hazardous Energy Control, Electrical safety, Arc Flash etc) and national standards and legislation.
To liaise with snr electrical engineers to provide assistance with electrically biased projects and / or manage electrically biased projects across the smelter complex, in line with IPP guidelines, this will include the development and approval of the technical scope for the project with the client ensuring projects are completed in the required time frame and to cost.
* Develop / assist in developing and maintaining the safe operational and maintenance systems/procedures for the smelters HV and LV voltage electrical distribution system.
* All operational switching, controlling and supervising work on the sites HV and LV networks.
* Ensuring the above meet the requirements of UK legislation and the company insurers, and that best practice is understood by the various departments affected by these changes.
* Implementation of change is done with the consent of the various stakeholders, also by using external resources.
* Manage a wide range of electrically biased engineering projects, from the idea definition stage, through the design, manufacture, installation, test, commissioning and closeout phases.
* Working closely with the production departments to meet their quality, safety, schedule and budget requirements for the projects.
* These systems are integrated within the site standards.
* Responsible for the development and updating of internal electrically orientated engineering standards ensuring best practices are implemented and standards comply with legislation changes
* Introduction of improved standards to existing equipment, ensuring documentation such as drawings are updated and readily accessible by the relevant personnel.
* Engineering Support for: Operations, and Maintenance Technical
Must have a variety of skills in addition to general management skills. These include but are not limited to:
* Commitment to Health and Safety
* Good time management skills including the ability to prioritise
* Analytical thinking - ability to understand the overall vision of the project
* Good communication skills
* Ability to develop internal and external relationships
* Produce clear and precise reports
* Good at delegation
* Good negotiation skills
Should also have good knowledge of the process and support services across a multi-disciplinary range and the industry
* Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
* Knowledge of HV systems,
* Power Generation and Conversion.
* A recognized safety passport (IOSH)
* PC literate (especially MS office, Project)
* Good knowledge of the Health and Safety Legislation
* Incorporated status in engineering
* Undergone HV switching training
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.