SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Sr Engineer, Civil & Structural is responsible for oversight of the EPC contractor in the execution of the project, from detailed design through construction and into commissioning. The position will interface closely with the EPC contractor, ensuring execution of all structural design and installation activities are performed to specification and on schedule, meeting the necessary quality standards.
* Ensure the EPC contractor delivers structural design and installation in accordance with standards, specifications, FEED design and contractual requirements.
* Work with the Engineering team to ensure the overall design is safe, fit for purpose and will operate reliably,
* Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the organization's safety regulations, with quality conformance and within schedule,
* Ensure efficient communication with other company engineering, operational and functional team members,
* Provide thorough and efficient engineering documentation review, comments and follow-up on due time,
* Take part in internal technical reviews (HAZOPs, Model Reviews etc.)
* 10+ years experience of Structural Engineering for onshore steel and concrete structures in major oil and gas projects
* Previous experience in either an EPC or client-side position during execution of a major oil & gas project
* Proficient in the use of structural analysis software
* Well-versed in international codes and standards relevant to the discipline
* Knowledge of AIV / FIV affects on plant and steelwork would be ideal
* Bachelors degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Masters degree in Structural Engineering or Analysis preferred
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.