Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Sourcing Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Track and report Direct Material Fulfilment against the Project Schedule, with particular focus on critical-path PO‟s using a Top 10 list for each deliverable
* Populate and manage with weekly expediting a PO / Committed dates/ need dates tracker which clearly demonstrates actual progress versus plan.
* Manage a standard progress report that highlights:
» Key PO placements
» Key supplier completions
» Key delays and relevant roadblocks
* Ensure buyer awareness and adherence to project and customer requirements during the tender process and procurement process, with particular focus on project AVL / ITP‟s / Pre-production meetings and any other project specific requirements.
* Liaison with the Project Planner and Site Material coordinator to maintain look-ahead reporting to give project and Sourcing regular visibility of fulfilment issues for critical-path items.
* Coordinate with product lines (GFDS, Connections, PCS, SDS,XTs) to ensure the timely procurement and delivery to sites of CPIs
* Organise the shipment documentation and provide Logistic team with the instruction to timely transfer the materials to site
* Assess impact of Engineering changes and errors, customer changes and VO‟s, NCR‟s / GRA‟s and supplier concessions on critical path items. Highlight impact in progress report to Project Team.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Technical Product Knowledge: Understanding of subsea production systems
* Self-motivated and energetic individual, able to work on own initiative
* Willing and capable of working at a detailed level.
* Relevant experience in a Sourcing role
* Relevant experience within SPS&S Sourcing organization
* Commercially and contractually aware with good communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills.
* Strong leadership skills with proven capability of working in a matrix environment and of leading by influence.
* Willing to take ownership of challenging situations and issues and drive effective closure.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/070372.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.