Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Sourcing Specialist, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide coordination and leadership in procurement activities for assigned or all commodities
* Responsible for assigned or all commodities to meet the requirements of the business
* Defining and improving sourcing strategies at business or plant level, includes management of regional & business teams.
* Advising functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures in the own field.
* Handling communication with colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered.
* Contributing to project as team lead of medium sized or bigger projects that take 3-6 months, time horizon for results/impact is 2-12 months after event.
* Approve purchase requisitions.
* Lead and represent Sourcing in business meetings and reviews
* Support the Plant Manager / Operations team
* Drive execution and cost down target
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven years of experience in Sourcing). Additional proven years of experience in Sourcing Management.
* Strong negotiation skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
* Effective problem identification and solution skills.
* Proven analytical and organizational ability.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064360.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.