The Senior Instrument and Control Engineer position will ensure pragmatic solutions are implemented for management of risk, production efficiency, plant reliability, defect elimination and engineering standardization, related to instrumented protective systems, process control systems and telecommunications systems, in support of safe, reliable, and compliant operations.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years industry experience. Upstream oil/gas, refining and/or petrochemical experience is desired. Offshore oil and gas deepwater experience is a plus.
- Candidate should have extensive experience with instrumentation and controls in process industry, including design, installation and calibration of pressure sensing, fire and gas, level sensing and valve actuation.
- Candidate must be able to read, review, redline and create P&IDs, loop diagrams, datasheets, cause and effect drawings, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Candidate must have ladder logic and functional block programming experience.
- Experience in root cause failure assessments for instrumentation equipment.
- Experience in Management of Change principles and processes to successfully deliver improvements and modifications.
- Knowledge of functional safety is a plus (HAZOP/LOPA, SIL verification, Safety Requirements Specifications).
- Technical knowledge of electrical equipment and systems in hazardous areas.
- Experience with Rockwell RSLogix and Honeywell Experion is a plus.
- Professional Engineering accreditation is a plus.
- Permit to Work in the USA is required.
- Provide technical assistance to Operations to help resolve any facility problems, as related to instrumentation, controls, safety system, fire and gas, digital security, telecommunications, and measurement.
- Ensure pragmatic solutions are implemented for management of risk, production efficiency improvement, maintenance, defect elimination, related to instrumented protective systems, process controls and alarms, and in support of safe, reliable, and compliant operations.
- Lead and/or provide technical input into root cause failure analyses (RCFA), analysis of inspection results, and implementation of solutions - including small projects as necessary.
- Develops and updates the technical content of Equipment Strategies based on equipment specifications, performance feedback and periodic maintenance history review.
- Ensures that the inspection, testing, maintenance, and condition monitoring tasks in the Central Maintenance Management System (SAP) are aligned with the technical intent of Equipment Strategies.
- Performs reliability analysis for instrument and control equipment using surveillance, maintenance and condition monitoring data, and trends performance metrics. Identifies gaps, develops, and implements corrective plans.
- Provides I&C expertise to delivery of regional actions. Leads on resolution of complex, multi-discipline technical issues where the dominant component is instrumentation and control equipment.
- Provides I&C expertise for Management of Change in support of site projects modifications.
- Provides I&C expertise to hazard identification and risk assessment processes.
- Provides I&C expertise in performing safety incident investigations (IRIS) and production deferral investigations.
- Provides I&C expertise to ensure that cyber security risk controls are in place on regional automation systems and that associated barriers are proactively managed.
- Records relevant learnings in shared learning systems, incorporates into local activities and escalates high priority lessons.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.