Our client, a leading international operator, have a current opportunity for a Shallow Water and S-Lay Lead on a contract basis. The position will be based in the Netherlands.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in management of large scale EPCI contracts including shallow and deepwater S-lay, umbilical installation and dredge and backfill work scopes work scopes and proven team leadership / management experience. Must have worked directly for owner/operator
- Able to oversee and judge interfaces with deepwater installation vessels and general offshore construction works.
- Fluid communicator capable to represent the project in front of third parties and other stakeholders in a professional and organized manner.
- A bachelor's degree or greater in engineering is required with civil or mechanical engineering preferred.
- Provide project management and leadership of the Shallow Water Team during all project phases.
- Ensure safe, on time and within budget delivery of all shallow water and S-Lay related elements of the EPCI scope of work whilst ensuring a high level of quality consistent with a project design life of 20 years.
- Monitor and manage all facets of work within the shallow water and S-Lay scope of work to ensure that schedule, cost / budget, technical, quality and HSES requirements are, as a minimum, met or improved upon.
- Implement a readiness process to ensure a progressive preparation is made by both contractor and company towards the start of site activities and that this is documented.
- Bring to earliest attention of the EPCI Installation Manager issues which present a significant threat to the Project and in addition offer mitigating measures / work plans.
- Represent the Shallow Water Team, and EPCI Team as needed, at both internal and external meetings.
- Provide reporting function towards EPCI Installation Manager for the shallow water and S-Lay work activities.
- Interfacing to ensure that impacts of co-activities are properly managed and minimized.
- Management of all shallow water and S-Lay scope delivery during the project execution phase.
- Safe and on time delivery of the shallow water and S-Lay scope of work within the EPCI Contract whilst ensuring a high level of quality consistent with a project design life of 20 years.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.