Great opportunity to work as a Senior Well Completions Engineer for an international E&P Company on a flagship offshore natural gas project.
The Senior Well Completions Engineer will ensure all deliverables/requirements for the project tollgates and Well engineering gates are met. Provide/ ensure proper documentation for the the respective project phases are prepared.
The engineering work will include (but not limited to) completion design, tubing design, drilling/completion schedule, cost model preparation, preparing scope of work and follow up of external studies/technology initiatives and technology qualification.
- Part of the Drilling and Wells planning team and key interface with the subsurface department, subsea engineers and other relevant engineering teams.
- Support offshore operations with technical expertise.
- Evaluate completion reliability and interface issues.
- Prepare scope of work and evaluation criterias for tenders as well as SOW's for external and internal studies
- Follow up, review and consequently address results from external and internal studies.
- Provide support to the team also for subsea/drilling studies when required.
- Prepare and input to documentation required for the well engineering process.
- Ensure lessons learnt and identified risks from operations are constantly captured and included in the subsequent programs.
- Perform engineering work as required for tubing designs, completion installation etc.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for operations and work closely with vendors, DSI and cost control to quality check completion related field tickets.
- Experience and technical training in operational completion practices (incl. offshore environment).
- Solid engineering background and familiarity with software for tubing and well design.
- Deep water / Subsea completion experience (smart completions, gravel packs, etc.) beneficial.
- Experience with zonal isolation and related challenges.
- Familiarity with reporting software.
- Early phase development experience beneficial.
- Regulatory knowledge for Romania is preferable.
- Excellent understanding of all interfaces and interdependencies and manages complex workflows with other discipline.
- Understanding of planning and economics incl. financial management (Opex, Capex, investment decision making).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record (motivation, responsibility, people management, etc.).
- IWCF (Supervisor, subsea) and relevant offshore medical certificates required for operations.
- Cold Water Bosiet
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.