Senior Turnaround Planning Engineer
- Posted 24 March 2023
- Salary Neg
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameKeir Ferguson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Turnaround Planning Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements. Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
* Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
* Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas. Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project sub-element managers.
* Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimise the plan(s).
* Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers
* Develop contract key dates, milestones and company plan dates that align with the overall project schedule. Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations. Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting. Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
* Contribute to the translation of the project's risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates. Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
* Implement and utilise the company standard tools and processes.
* Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
* Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Previous experience in a turnaround planning role
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063952.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.