Senior Subsea Engineer-
Is the Company representative at contractors' worksites to support rig based subsea
operations. Accountable to deliver rental and TGL owned equipment and services in a way that meets
previously agreed TGL specification, quality, and rig schedule requirements. Provides onsite
supervision for the build of subsea xmas tree systems at contractor's Takoradi facility. Provides subsea
engineering input to TGL well engineering personnel and completion and drilling contractors' activities
to ensure the success of the TGL Well Engineering offshore operations.
2. General Responsibilities
· Ensures EHS requirements are integral to all aspects of subsea activities.
· Actively contributes to delivering a successful operational EHS performance.
· Responsible for well engineering subsea operational planning in Jubilee and TEN fields.
· Lead for reviewing and monitoring the subsea equipment inventory, allocation and servicing of
all subsea related equipment and spares at the TFMC and Expro facilities in Takoradi for well
· Supervises in country portion of XT build. Attends contractor's build facility as per inspection
and test plan.
· Is well engineering point of contact for subsea xmas tree installation from light construction
· Ensures that all subsea activities comply with company standards and governmental
· Ensure all work is carried out to Tullow Subsea Specifications and agreed contractual scopes
· Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance
· Takes the lead in investigating and closing out operational quality issues related to subsea
contractors' equipment and operational activities.
· Assists Subsea Lead in the management of the service contracts and contractor performance
· Provides subsea input to well engineering team and its delivery objectives as necessary.
· Appropriate time management is required to provide coverage at TGL, TFMC and Expro
facilities as needed.
· Build effective relationships and interact professionally with internal/external stakeholders and
3. Specific Responsibilities
· Ensures all activities under their oversight are carried out to TGL HSE expectations.
· Participates in HSE audits on contractor facilities as required.
· Participates in HSE incident investigations are required.
· Is the operational SME for the rig-based use of subsea xmas tree and subsea test tree systems,
and as such is expected to be familiar with all operational aspects of contractors' equipment,
for both primary and contingency operations. Is expected to be the operational interface
between subsea contractors' scopes and all other well engineering stakeholders.
· Ensures contractor supplied and TGL owned subsea equipment is properly prepared to support
the rig programme.
· Participates in operational after-action reviews and forums as needed.
· Ensures contractor offshore subsea service teams are fit for purpose. Manages contractor
service team changes to ensure required quality of personnel is maintained.
· Provide subsea engineering support as required for the site implementation of the rig program.
· Liaise with TGL rig based subsea personnel, to assist with planning a corrective course of
action, should a deviation to the planned operation occur.
· Assist TGL well engineering personnel as appropriate to provide proactive input into the
planning of deviations to offshore operations.
· Provides input into offshore work instructions as required.
· Liaises with TGL construction vessel personnel on subsea xmas tree installation planning,
execution and after-action review activities. Ensures well engineering equipment and technical
information for such activities is prepared in line with quality and schedule expectations.
· Is considered the TGL representative providing final approval on any aftermarket or warranty
work on TGL owned equipment.
· Is the TGL representative to approve the receipt of new equipment and spares as purchased
· Liaise with, and assist with co-ordination of TPIs to efficiently oversee the activities of the
subsea contractors' work scopes
· Is prepared to take on the role of Subsea Supervisor on rig or vessel activities if manpower
· Assists Subsea Lead with the execution of subsea contractors' contracts as necessary.
3.3. Xmas Tree Build
· Acts as the TGL representative at contractor's Takoradi xmas tree build facility, monitoring
xmas tree kit build activities from a technical and schedule perspective.
· Is the TGL representative for execution of the agreed xmas tree build inspection and test plan,
covering witness, hold and monitor points as necessary.
· Is the TGL representative providing final sign off on new build subsea trees, following successful
completion of the build process in the subsea contractor's Takoradi facility.
· Assists Subsea Lead with the delivery of new build xmas trees as necessary.
3.4. Continuous Improvement
· Ensures continuous improvement and lessons learnt are captured and acted on with respect to
rig and contractors' activities.
· Works with QA/QC engineers, with creation of and timely close out of subsea related FIRs and
onshore NCRs within Tullow system.
· Participates in onshore and offshore based after action reviews as required.
· Plans and executes regular performance reviews with subsea contractors as per contract and
3.5. Risk Management
· Participates in well and operations hazard assessments and HAZOPs.
· Participates in application and review of well risk register.
· As part of the invoicing process, reviews and when appropriate, approves contractor timesheets
signifying the timesheets accurately represent the services received and they are aligned with
the contract/PO the services are supplied under.
· Reviews contractor provided CTRs for technical completeness and contractual alignment.
· Initiate requisitions as required.
· Liaises with C&P, cost engineering and accounts payable personnel as necessary for the
successful execution of well engineering activities.
· Engineering degree, or higher level technical college engineering qualification supported with
appropriate vocational training and experience.
· Good supervisory/management and interpersonal skills.
· Good technical/operational understanding of well servicing, completions and drilling.
· Safety management system understanding and implementation skills.
· Interpersonal skills necessary to establish good working relationships with team.
· Fluent in English both written and spoken.
· High proficiency with IT and industry software (i.e. MS Suite, etc).
· Valid offshore survival certification.
· Good reporting and communication skills keeping direct supervisors appropriately informed
when working on stand-alone units.
· Minimum of 10 years' experience as a rig based subsea supervisor with operating companies.
· Knowledge and experience in design and installation of horizontal subsea xmas trees, and
subsea test tree systems, working in remote locations and working in West Africa.
· Subsea completions experience within the last two years in water depths greater than 800
· Knowledge and previous exposure to subsea xmas build and testing.