- Posted 01 May 2022
- Contact NameAndrew McNair
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Subsea Engineer in Aberdeen.
* Able to identify risks and opportunities and readily takes accountability for providing optimized solutions.
* Job Lead multidisciplinary Engineering scopes to provide effective technical support to Company operated assets. Exercise authority to group of professionals engaged in complex technical issues.
* Ensure work processes and procedures are fit for purpose and implemented to ensure the team is consistently applying sound engineering principles and work is performed in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
* Works at advanced technical level, participates in planning by providing original approaches to practical and economical solutions.
* Provide technical advice and guidance on Engineering activities that affect more than one department or operated asset.
* Plan, organize and carry out special, complex and advanced level studies upon request.
* Take course of action necessary to expedite the successful completion of projects.
* Manage Engineering discipline resource requests, prioritisation, and governance processes in liaison with operated assets and functional teams.
* Proactively manage relationships with colleagues and engineering contractors.
* Works collaboratively and demonstrate willingness and ability to collaborate with others to achieve key results.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelors or Masters engineering degree.
* Demonstrable Subsea Engineering experience.
* Track record with Operator preferred. Project delivery experience beneficial but not mandatory.
* Strong project development and execution skills.
* Strong understanding of value and business drivers.
* Originality and ingenuity required for devising practical economic solutions.
* Can lead technical change through all steps of innovation, development, risk management, implementation, training and sustainment.
* Experience in managing engineering contractors and service providers.
* Strong initiative and orientation towards continuous improvement.
* Highly effective relationship builder at all levels, internally and externally.
* Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to work in a flexible team environment and with changing priorities.
* Ability to work independently and in a team.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference TR/053794.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.