Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Structural Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide technical/engineering advice and support in relation to maintenance and inspection activities in Structural Engineering.
* Assist the company's Structural Authority, as required, regarding SECE equipment related to Structural or Civil Engineering, defining and maintaining the means of assurance activities required to achieve and maintain the performance standards over the asset life cycle.
* SECE guardian responsible for the management of the asset's SECEs relating to their discipline. Responsible for technical justification deferrals of SECE related maintenance.
* Participation, as required, with and in contributing to safety studies/HAZOPS, etc.
* Prepare the discipline budget in line with technical needs, scheduling and priority level, and ensure closure expenditure is within the original budget.
* Manage the cost control process within budget for discipline for routine and non-routine jobs and modifications, in order to keep expenditures within budget limits.
* Provide technical input on contractor performance to the CI team and contract analyst.
* At all times, remain focussed on cost savings for a mature asset operating model.
* Provide technical input to contract tenders and negotiations relating to maintenance services.
* Manage technical application of contract services, taking a lead role in the involvement/co-ordination of, and interface between, onshore/site/offshore teams/contractors ensuring effective communication and understanding between appropriate parties.
* Contribute to the development of strategies for the maintenance, inspection and operation of plant/equipment to ensure that all plant and equipment meets verification and compliance requirements, in accordance with the company's maintenance philosophy.
* Apply LEAN process to optimise maintenance in accordance with the company's minimum maintenance guidelines, propose alternatives to this philosophy when efficient and applicable, subject to management approval.
* Technical assessment of planned maintenance change requests and technical justification deferrals of CAT A maintenance.
* Contribute to the development of plant/equipment monitoring tools and strategies, proactively monitor, review and analyse plant and equipment performance and provide feedback to Line Management, identifying obsolescence problems, opportunities to maximise production, performance and reliability, or reduce costs and share best practice.
* Provide specialist technical/engineering advice and guidance to site/offshore personnel on the management of structural equipment ensuring highest safety standards, a timely response to queries and minimal disruption to operations.
* Develop, review and audit procedures involving integrity assessment.
* Act as guardian of platform structural models, ensuring they are maintained and kept up to date.
* Monitor and advises on weight control and structural integrity issues.
* Ensure all relevant inspection and maintenance procedures and documentation related to his discipline are maintained in an accurate and current status and are available on request.
* Ensure that inspection activities are appropriately prioritised within operations maintenance plans.
* Prepare/Review scopes of work for vendor services, make recommendations on preferred contractors and co-ordinate vendors, materials and equipment for planned and unplanned activities, monitoring and controlling manpower usage, vendor/contractor performance and expenditure. Lead, as appropriate, in vendor/contractor audits.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline.
* Chartered Engineer status desirable (or equivalent accreditation/experience).
* Relevant experience, preferably covering structural / civil design and integrity management activities.
* Prior involvement in engineering associated with Studies, Projects and Safety related matters.
* Strong knowledge of fixed and floating oil and gas facilities design, construction and operation with offshore experience, in particular in the North Sea.
* Detailed knowledge of legislation/regulations relevant to the discipline.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069284.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.