- Posted 19 June 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAndrew McNair
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior/Technical Safety Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Liaise between the Asset, Project Teams and the appointed ICP.
* Assist the OIM & Offshore Management Team in effectively managing the written scheme of examination, its records and any actions identified by the ICP through regular offshore visits.
* Arrange and facilitate regular verification meetings with the ICP.
* Contribute to the development of and maintain appropriate policies and procedures to achieve effective verification within the business.
* Agree on priorities for the provision of resources and services for the asset in consultation with the Governance & Assurance Manager and the Asset Team.
* Ensure that the OIM, Asset Team and Projects are appraised of current regulation, guidance and best practice in this area and encourages workforce understanding of the part effective SECE's play in major accident management.
* Act as the focal point for day-to-day engagements and correspondence with the ICP.
* Attend the installation on a regular basis to conduct training as may be required by the Asset Team and the OIM.
* Continuously seek out improvements to the verification process working with the Verifier, Asset and Project teams.
* Participate in emergency response support as required.
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Must be relevant degree qualified and have extensive UKCS on / offshore industry experience in the role.
* A corporate member of a professional body which requires ongoing CPD.
* Requires previous experience with an ICP or Classification Society.
* Must be Certified for offshore travel.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055370.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.