Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Safety Engineer, 9-month PAYE contract role based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for developing specifications, terms of reference and scopes of work for specific safety engineering studies
* Provide technical guidance regarding working practice/timescale of work carried out for safety engineering contracted services
* Responsible for providing safety engineering advice to departments within the company.
* Coach and support colleagues in specific areas of expertise
* Responsible for writing related procedures, memos, specifications, studies and technical reports related to safety engineering
* Provide advice to ensure relevant safety engineering statutory reporting requirements are carried out
* Organise, facilitate or participate in HAZOP, HAZID, risk assessments and other safety engineering reviews
* Responsible for updates to formal risk assessments, QRAs and Safety Cases / COMAH Reports and other relevant statutory documentation.
* Proactively identify safety engineering issues/problems to be addressed and by working closely with other disciplines and identify solutions
* Proactively audit and take part in assurance activities relating to MAH management
* Advise relevant departments of requirements to comply with legislation, corporate/group standards & guidance
* Develop or support the development of derogation requests from Total Group Referential.
* Liaise and communicate with specialists in external agencies (e.g. HSE)
* Perform peer review of job specific deliverables and internal HSE documents
* Represent Safety Engineering discipline in modification reviews
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant and appropriate major accident risk industry experience (oil and gas / chemical / nuclear, etc.)
* Educated to degree level in a scientific discipline and preferably hold or working towards a Master's degree in an engineering discipline
* Is a Chartered Engineer or equivalent or working towards chartership
* Can demonstrate comprehensive safety engineering related knowledge of current and emerging UK and EU regulatory requirements and
oil and gas industry trends
* Thorough knowledge of risk assessment techniques and experience of organising and where appropriate, facilitating/chairing HAZOP,
HAZID, safety engineering risk assessments and reviews
* Commitment to develop technical expertise through attending external courses and conferences, and continual self-learning
* Can demonstrate audit and assurance activity capability in MAH management
* Experience of mentoring and coaching individuals
* Good knowledge of Company Corporate rules, standards and procedures
* Delivering clear concise safety engineering information both written and verbal to stakeholders
* Possess current UK Offshore Survival Certificate, MIST and current UK offshore medical certificate
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/068985.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.