The contractor would be working as part of a team on updating safety case documents and progressing change control documents through the governance routes for a High Hazard facility. Tasking will be under the direction of the safety case manager.
Provides specialist subject matter expertise in the assessment of nuclear, explosive and other major hazards associated with actual, planned and/or decommissioned facilities, plant, equipment or product. Advises on strategies for the development of safety assessments (safety case/safety basis/risk assessments). Completes complex safety analyses, assessments and associated documentation.
- Manages the technical input to the planning and production of safety assessments and
- Take ownership and delivers safety assessments and documentation as per Nuclear Safety Management System Procedures and Standards.
- Provides technical information to the production of company policy, guidance and strategy to agreed delivery standards.
- Produces risk assessments and safety justifications for a range of facilities, including radioactive, explosives and chemical plant.
- Ensure the correct risk assessment methods and techniques are used.
- Provides technical advice for the design and/or delivery of technical training.
- Coaches graduates, early career and Safety Assessment Specialist Assessors in the use of relevant safety assessment techniques.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Safety documentation as directed by Head of Nuclear Safety (HONS).
- Chair HAZOP meetings.
- Produces the assessments of safety justifications, documentations as per the latest MSPs.
- Promote relevant good practice with the Safety Assessment Specialism i.e. SHAZOP, MSCR, OSCAR etc.
- Contributing to processes that assess performance of the development and use of safety
- assessments and Licence Condition compliance and identify where improvements could be made.
- Coaching graduates, early career and SAS Assessors in Safety Assessment approaches and techniques.
- Maintaining and promoting high standards within Security, Environment, Safety, and Health Function.
- To present and/or attend conferences on behalf of SESH and client in line with work requirements.
- To assist in verifying and checking safety documentation.
- In addition to the generic Senior Safety Assessment specialist skills provided to CMT, the following experience would be preferred:
- Experience of producing change control documentation and its progression through governance routes.
- An understanding of the LOD (Lines of Defence) methodology.
Essential top requirements:
- Experience working in high hazard industries, with safety cases
- Experience preparing and uplifting safety cases
- Experience of Change control - assessment on security
- LOD (Lines of Defence) methodology.
- Degree - science related degree eg science/physics/Chemical Engineering
- Ideally come from a Nuclear specific background
- Possibly from explosives background
- Experience working on classified items
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.