Senior Mechanical Engineer (Rotating Equipment)
Great opportunity to work for a leading independent oil and gas company, with exploration and production activities in 16 countries around the globe.
* Responsible for developing, implementing and optimising asset wide condition and performance monitoring programmes for rotating equipment.
* Provide support to Mechanical Support Engineer to manage overarching maintenance support programmes in place for critical machines (e.g. Power Gen Gas engines, main gas compressors, refridge compressors, Produced Water Injection pumps, Beam Pumps, Progressive Cavity Pumps).
* To identify and initiate the implementation of reliability driven improvement projects for rotating equipment.
* Be responsible for identifying and maintaining the machinery related Engineering Standards/Technical Practices and Equipment Maintenance Strategies.
* Support the training and development of area operating technicians, specifically with respect to plant operating and basic care requirements.
* Relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent rotating equipment qualification.
* Minimum of at least 5 years or more experience as a rotating equipment specialist ideally in the oil, gas or petrochemical industry.
* Knowledge of vibration monitoring or other performance monitoring related hardware and software packages.
* IT proficient with ability to view and process data, KPIs and other relevant information.
* Good communicator with high level of initiative.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.