- Posted 21 June 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Riser Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* General management duties including reporting to senior staff.
* Technical supervision of junior engineering staff
* Preparation of Proposals / quotations
* QA checking of calculations / reports
* Modelling of steel and flexible pipe riser systems
* Modelling of conductor, top tensioned & drilling riser systems
* Preparation of Technical reports and presentations
Experience & Qualifications:
* Significant experience of riser system engineering.
* General management skills including ability to handle day to day correspondence with Client
* Ability to mentor junior engineering staff as part of on-the job training.
* Experience with general purpose analytic packages such as ABAQUS, ANSYS, OrcaFlex or Flexcom
* Experience with system layout / detailed design drawings
* Extensive experience of steel and flexible pipe riser systems
* Extensive experience with conductor, top tensioned & drilling riser systems
* Extensive knowledge of API and DNV codes and standards related to riser engineering
* High level of technical competency with sound understanding of engineering principles
* Analysis & design experience including ability to undertake detailed "hand calculations" using Excel
and / or Mathcad.
* Experience of structural / hydrodynamic testing of riser components
* Good team player
* Ability to acquire new skills and broaden existing knowledge base
* Excellent verbal communication and report writing skills
* Experience of marine drilling and workover systems
* Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related technical subject.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/055403.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.