Exciting opportunity for a UK-based qualified Rig Verifier to join the Rig Verification Team working for a major global energy company.
The Rig Verifier will directly report to the Rig Verification Manager and will be responsible for conducting verification activities related to Marine Technical aspects in alignment with the Rig Verification annual plan.
This position follows a rotational schedule (3 weeks on, 3 weeks off) with a back-to-back arrangement. The Rig Verifier is also expected to undertake international travel as needed to support global operations.
* Conduct verification activities and other assignments in support of the agreed Wells Rig Verification Annual Plan by focusing on prioritised Wells enduring risks including applicable barrier effectiveness and emerging risks.
* Review pre-read materials and prepare system specific test plans (where applicable), daily plans, and sampling strategies based on the verification scope and role(s).
* Develop findings which clearly outline the gaps that exist between current practices and requirements and categorise these to reflect impairment of selected barrier effectiveness.
* Role model and advocate of beliefs demonstrating outstanding leadership and leading by example with respect to safety compliance and ethical leadership at all times.
* Promote and support organisational learning within Rig Verification to systematically codify RV learnings and enable continuous improvement and risk reduction across Wells.
* Valid Chief Engineer class 1 certification
* Valid BOSIET/FOET and Medical Certification of Fitness for Offshore Work
* Proven experience of work in Marine Engineering and Dynamic positioning (DP) systems and Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU) / Offshore Vessel Audits
* Experience in role of Chief Engineer on DP Rigs
* Experience in Power Management and Rig Management Systems
* Undertaken roles as a Marine verifier/auditor
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.