- Posted 04 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Reservoir Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Take a lead subsurface role in company's project team, delivering reservoir engineering and technical support to the business
* Assess the carbon storage capacity of depleted gas reservoirs
* Undertake carbon storage reservoir simulation studies.
* Evaluate reservoir fluid dynamics and impact on flow assurance in a carbon storage site
* Assess CO2 injection well performance and evaluate carbon storage development concepts and scenarios
* Provide subsurface and technical input to a mixed discipline technical team including Wells and Facilities Engineering
* Project management of outsourced subsurface studies.
* Prepare and present subsurface material internally and to regulators / authorities
* Work closely within other subsurface disciplines, and communicate effectively with Technical Authorities, Assets and other appropriate business areas.
* Share knowledge within the SE organization and mentor / coach within the team.
* Follow and support safety and environmental policies, guidelines, procedures and an incident free workplace.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Strong understanding of fluid dynamic behaviour and reservoir drive mechanisms.
* User of Petrel-RE, Eclipse, PETEX suite and experience with Intersect and other simulators an advantage.
* Good awareness of legislation, licensing and fiscal issues relevant to oil & gas and carbon storage activities.
* Good commercial awareness with an understanding of project financing and cost control.
* Proven ability to undertake complex tasks requiring the application of well-developed technical skills and knowledge with limited supervision.
* Track record of subsurface creativity, identifying growth opportunities and value adding activities
* Excellent communicator with the ability to manage various stakeholders and work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
* Self-starter, highly motivated and well organized.
* Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Educated to degree level, ideally with an MSc in a relevant discipline.
* Experience of working on Carbon Storage projects and reservoir simulation of Co2 is preferable
* Broad subsurface knowledge of the UKCS, ideally with previous experience of depleted gas fields.
* Experience of working in an E&P operator and as part of joint venture groups.
* Experience of working within a challenging and diverse asset management environment.
* Experience in Carbon Capture and Storage advantageous but not necessary.
* There are no regulatory requirements the role-holder must satisfy.
* All company's mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training
* There are no role specific mandatory training requirements the role-holder must satisfy.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062640.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.