Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Reservoir Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide production forecasts and reserve assessments through application of analytical and numerical practices on assigned assets with a strong emphasis on analogue and offset analysis to underpin conclusions of reservoir engineering evaluation.
* Ensure the well stock is fully optimised (monitoring daily production, responding to operational constraints etc) in conjunction with the Production Engineer.
* Manage voidage and maximise total water injection to optimise its distribution in the reservoir for maximum production value. Manage any gas constraints on the field.
* Maintain the life of field Reservoir Management Plan.
* Evaluate results of new wells and understand what has been learnt to apply to subsequent opportunities.
* Involvement in maintaining and updating the existing reservoir models.
* Perform economic analysis for value adding opportunities.
* Working together and providing coordination and leadership in a cross functional team. Focus on appropriate technical work to make aligned risked based conclusions and recommendations.
* Identify and assess subsurface uncertainty and risk in opportunity/prospect evaluation.
* Conduct pore pressure reviews to ensure the appropriate information is incorporated in the well design.
* Work to a self-defined timeline to meet project requirements, delivering the right work in order to meet project targets and milestones.
* Provide economic analysis in to support project recommendations.
* Find innovative ways of finding value to exceed project targets.
* Effective communicate of project strategy, progress and recommendations to leadership team and external stakeholders.
* Share reserve assessments to independent third-party auditors.
* Review and refine Budget and Life of Field plans on assigned fields in collaboration with team consistent with the overall business priorities.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Economic awareness
* Upstream oil & gas experience
* Operatorship experience
* Simulation model building and history matching
* Subsurface risk assessment; identification, quantification and mitigation
* Identifying new business opportunities
* Track record of economic assessment and optimization in a variety of fiscal environments
* Awareness of emerging technologies in exploitation of oil fields
* Project management experience
* Experience of a gated project delivery process
Staff or Contract position
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/070135.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.