We have a current opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Surrey with some WFH.
This is with a fast growing consultancy and is outside of IR35.
Lond term contract work.
- Coordinates the interfaces between the Engineering team and the Project Management team and ensures effective transfer of information between the two.
- Participates in the planning and scheduling of the scope of Engineering for the project and provides inputs to the project technical document register.
- Monitors the engineering progress, addresses shortfalls, assists in developing recovery plans where required and ensures plans are implemented. Provides feedback to Direct Supervisor and engineering discipline supervisors as and when required on the progress.
- Ensures participation of the engineering team members in project engineering reviews and assists in resolution of any issues arising out of the same.
- Attends project review meetings and ensures that associated reports are compiled and distributed accordingly.
- Ensures that interface issues between disciplines are addressed and seeks management advise and assistance where required.
- Assists in the production of the project execution plan and prepares the coordination procedures for the project.
- Provides progress monitoring and reporting against that plan. Implements corrective action with assistance from Direct Supervisor, as and when variations from plans occur.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high profile issues with support from Engineering/Project services personnel and resolving with Project Management and Client.
- Coordinates preparation and presentation of the final documentation in accordance with requirements of the Client acceptance certificates.
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.