Contract Length: 18-months
Location: Annan (4 day week/9.25 hours per day - may consider 1 day WFH)
Qualify for Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS): Yes
Purpose of Role
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
A Project Engineer (Senior) will provide more complex engineering solutions to higher profile projects, underpinned by a high level of technical knowledge and experience.
As a Senior Project Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
- Manage engineering support to the project.
- Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
- Support project optioneering process.
- Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
- Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
- Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Approve as built drawings.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
- Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
- Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
- Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
- The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- Deputise for Section Head when required.
- The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
You will have these Qualifications/Skills:
- Appropriate HNC, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5; preferably degree level (NQF level 6) or working towards
You'll have relevant experience in:
- (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant
- Significant experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
- Experience of years required.
- Fault finding
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.