Senior Project Cost Estimating Engineer - Vienna
Great opportunity for an experienced Project Cost Estimating Engineer to work for a Global Energy & Chemicals company based in Austria.
* Develop and deliver timely cost estimates for capital projects, including proper documentation and necessary reports.
* Translate project scope and engineering deliverables into cost estimates for various project stages.
* Utilise cost methodologies and tools, considering project complexity factors and input data for accurate estimates.
* Perform deterministic and quantitative cost risk analysis, integrating it with schedule risk analysis.
* Conduct estimate and schedule reviews and participate in assurance events as a subject matter expert.
* Lead the development and implementation of an internal project cost database and deliver benchmarking analysis.
* Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
* Al least 10 years of relevant work experience in cost estimating of projects in the energy/plant construction sector.
* Experience in developing cost estimates in all project phases, from early concept stages to project implementation (conceptual cost estimates, parametric cost estimates, bottom-up cost estimates).
* Ability to judge, assess and quantify project risks and propose mitigation measures for key risks.
* Exposure to brownfield projects will be considered advantageous
* Fluent in English
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.