Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Process Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Describe the responsibilities, impact, outcomes. Describe attributes in the context of how / why they are used. As appropriate please include HSE/IFW statements.
* Responsibility for key process documents, such as PFD's and P&ID's, and support to other discipline key documents such as C&E's, A&T's etc.
* Collaborate with other discipline TA's, Facility Engineers, Asset Integrity, HSE and Production Support teams etc to deliver business objectives.
* Identify and develop work scopes that enhance strategic objectives, including safety & environmental performance, efficiency performance and reliability/availability of all process systems, especially safety systems that minimise risk and eliminate potential hazards.
* Support asset risk register process, providing support into the process of managing and mitigating risks to production, safety, and the environment.
* Challenge the effectiveness of current operational practices, to stimulate innovative ideas to improve safety and efficiency.
* Manage process design delivery for the asset and manage contractor delivery against those designs
* Proactively support and participate in process safety incident and equipment failure investigations Develop and manage relationships with the operations and maintenance teams as well as with core contractors.
* Close working relationship with contractors providing asset specific knowledge and quality assurance/quality control: including reviewing calculations, philosophies, and designs.
* Holding engineering service providers accountable for high quality deliverables
* Active participation in reviews and in risk and hazard assessment activities with the ability to resolve problems in a range of contexts from risk assessments to physical changes to plant.
* Oversight over operational risk assessments, evaluating and endorsing deviations against standards and normal plant operational activities.
* Identify choke points and propose solutions for future operations based on future production curves.
* Evaluation and endorsement of plant isolations out of compliance with the company's standards in line with the Delegation of Authority structure
* Supports Plant Management of Change requests from screening of requests, definition of SORs and technical assurance and support through execution.
* Participate in asset HAZOP, PHR, LOPA and risk assessments, including active participation in the actions close out process.
* Evaluate and endorse safety critical maintenance backlog deferrals as and when necessary.
* Support integrated asset planning processes.
* Provide cover for the Technical Authority or asset engineers (EA3s) as required
* Proactively maintains their technical and interpersonal skills and competencies, ensuring capabilities are up to date and in line with industry/functional best practice and that behaviours are in line with the company's core Values. Understand the skills, competencies and behaviours required for their role.
* Collaborates effectively, adapting their behaviour and communication as needed to get the best from others. Effectively promotes ideas and opinions and can influence others in a constructive way. Maintains good relationships across all organisation levels.
* Presents and articulates ideas and arguments effectively, projects credibility and conviction, handles objection and incorporates others' ideas as appropriate. Makes / proposes informed decisions having consulted widely.
* Is familiar with and adheres to the company's people policies and procedures.
* Lives by the company's safety principles and is passionate about having an incident-free workplace.
* Is accountable for their performance and delivery against objectives. Agrees their objectives in a timely fashion, assertively expresses what they need from others to be successful, takes on feedback and learns from their failures.
* Lives the Values and is a strong advocate of the company's culture - understands and role models the behaviours expected.
* Provides clear, honest, and constructive feedback, both positive and developmental, to colleagues, team members and others when requested. Be open to feedback received and incorporate into their development.
* Owns their development plan and discusses it regularly with their manager and L&D. Strives for continuous learning and development of their competencies, skills, and behaviours.
* Recognises bias, conscious or unconscious, and actively works to eliminate this from their approach to their work and colleagues.
* Eliminates the use of language that may leave others feeling excluded or discriminated against. Positively participates in discussion and collaboration on D&I in their teams and amongst peers, which persuades and brings positive change when needed.
* Treats all people equally and with consideration of protected characteristics and understands the company's ED&I policies.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Process (or Chemical) Engineering degree required.
* Chartered Engineer
* Describe depth/breadth of experience required to carry out the role competently and effectively.
* Experience of providing process engineering support to front-line operation of a major offshore production facility
* Significant and extensive knowledge of Process and Major Accident Hazard (MAH) prevention technical practices and legislation (for offshore and onshore), which would be underpinned by technical achievements in process engineering discipline in the energy or chemical industry.
* Demonstrable experience of operations within complex Oil/Gas, Petrochemical, or Chemical plant
* Knowledge of all forms of engineering documentation, including block diagrams, PFDs, P&IDs Data Sheets, Cause & Effect charts, and safety critical elements
* Deep and extensive knowledge of relevant codes, standards, and applicable regulations both statutory and company specific
* Experience of successfully closing out actions generated in HAZOP, LOPA, PHR sessions.
* Experience of providing process engineering support to upstream and mid-stream processing facilities.
* Provide details of any regulatory requirements the role-holder must satisfy.
* MIChemE and CEng or equivalent
* Specify Competence Assurance where appropriate.
* BOSIET, MIST and OFFSHORE MEDICAL
* All company's mandatory training as requested, including Compliance training usually provided annually.
* Embeds the company's Values and associated behaviours into their everyday work and interactions, continuously learning and developing associated competencies and behaviours.
* Great communication skills that inform/share knowledge clearly and unambiguously and implements and embeds change. Builds rapport and can influence in a constructive way / skilled at influencing decision makers on complex topics.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively, within their team and across the organisation and externally as required.
* Networks effectively internally and externally, creating an immediate, positive, and credible impression on others. Leads other parties in conversations on the important issues and use persuasive contributions to influence change and action.
* Knowledge of UK and NL legislations pertaining to the safe operation of offshore hydrocarbon processes
* Demonstrate an expert understanding of process engineering principles and practical application.
* Ability to resolve complex problems and drive innovative solutions.
* Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to use HYSYS, and Microsoft office tools effectively.
* Use of PI data historian for trend analysis and production optimisation
* Planning and organization for successful execution of multiple workstreams concurrently.
* SAP experience, particularly SAP PM
* Ability to interact effectively at all levels and positively influence teams across core operations crew, contractors, and JV partners.
* Maintain and continue to develop the competencies necessary to carry out the role to the required standard whilst in position.
* Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/066906.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.