Senior Process Engineer
- Posted 28 April 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Process Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Drive the Technical and Maintenance support to assigned operating facilities in process systems.
* Review daily FPSO production reports and advise where required through fine tuning of process parameters utilising Pl historian or other information.
* Review and ensure that the requirements in the CMMS are meeting the regulatory requirements. Actively contribute with technical and advisory support to Offshore Management Team, Asset Manager and Technical and Maintenance Managers in terms of Process Systems.
* Be the custodian of the loss reporting system identifying bad actors and areas for improvement.
* Monitor and advise on the chemical injection and sampling/ testing program and advise/ support the Unit when changes are required to ensure sufficient and cost-efficient chemical treatment on the unit including injection rate and chemical optimisation.
* Review and provide the engineering solutions for Technical Query and Management of Change Request from Facilities as per procedure.
* Preparation of process deliverables in support of work pack preparation including PFDs, P&IDs, Equipment and Instrument Datasheets, etc.
* Perform and check process design calculations and process simulations. Actively contribute to incident investigation and review Shutdown / Breakdown Reports and verify / carry out Root Cause Analysis.
* Update Lesson Learned based on Management of Change Request, Shutdown / Breakdown Reports review, Survey I Audit Reports etc.
* Provide in-house training for the offshore team as and when required.
* Carry out competency evaluation for onboard members of the operations. team when requested and act as a mentor and resource for new employees and less experienced colleagues.
* Carry out regular visits to the unit(s) and support offshore team on process activities and troubleshooting.
* Provide input to Asset Planning on modification scopes, engineering, fabrication, and implementation phases.
* Support studies including HAZOP, HAZID, Risk Assessments as required.
* Provide input for variation orders, including cost estimates and justification.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's or master's degree in chemical / Process Engineering or other relevant degree
* Long relevant experience may compensate lack of formal education
* Significant practical experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry
* Experience with Pl historian or similar and maintenance management systems
* Relevant previous offshore/ FPSO experience
* Team player with the ability to influence stakeholders
* Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* High analytical capabilities
* Ability to deliver high quality work on time
* Ability to work in a multidisciplinary/ multinational environment
* Good understanding and knowledge of FPSO marine & process systems
* Thorough knowledge of API standards and UKCS Safety Case Regime
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of process safety
* Good understanding of maintenance management systems.
* Good knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification societies and international rules and regulations
* Fluent in English (oral and written)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/066168.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.