Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Process Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Liaise with Control Room Operators on a daily basis to optimize the plant against current operating constraints.
* Analyse and resolve short term production, process and flow assurance issues utilising appropriate techniques (calculations, simulations and engineering judgement),
* Investigate SECE failures and resolve with Lead Process Engineer or Process TA.
* Initiate and deliver 5-whys for production and environmental investigations and improvements.
* Provide an interface between the offshore production team and onshore stakeholders (Environment, Metering, Subsea).
* In collaboration with the Production Chemistry team, monitor the performance of chemical treatments on the asset.
* Create temporary operating instructions for non-routine operations.
* Update and maintain the normal operating procedures.
* Update and maintain process critical documents (P&IDs, Alarm and Trip register, Integrity Register).
* Review inhibits and non-isolations.
* Carry out daily PI Processbook / PI Vision monitoring of production critical topsides equipment. Also review wells with the assistance of the well performance engineer as required. Propose changes where necessary to optimise the plant and wells to maintain safe and efficient production.
* Monitor flare, vent and OIW against environmental permits.
* Lead the weekly Production Performance Review between onshore and offshore production-related disciplines.
* Provide assistance to environment, production chemistry and hydrocarbon accounting teams in the gathering of data required for monthly reporting of emissions and discharges. Ensuring data is accurate and complete, correcting any in a logical and justifiable manner to ensure consents and permits are adhered to.
* Review weekly sand sampling results and identify threats.
* Annual audits of test results to ensure Performance Standards are satisfied for ESDVs, SSIVs, PSV and blowdown. Includes sheltering tests to minimise production shortfalls.
* Perform process studies for plant modifications related to process discipline.
* Provide process engineering input to ORAs, HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Risk Assessments, SIL assessments and other technical safety assessments / audits, both during the actual assessment and during subsequent action resolution.
* Provide process engineering input to Commercial and Development studies carried out by the Production Optimisation team.
* Provide process engineering assistance to Shutdown Team.
* Provide technical guidance and check work progress for other team members.
* Propose and justify modifications to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance.
* Drive minor modifications through the RFM / MoC process and ensure input from relevant disciplines.
* Provide support to the site and to Maintenance and Inspection discipline engineers to ensure timely and effective delivery of modifications. Active involvement in the initiation of cases and implementation on site.
* Manage the interface between 3rd parties and site operations.
* Monitor progress of 3rd parties carrying out study / design and engineering work to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution of production / safety / integrity issues.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in Chemical / Process Engineering or equivalent.
* Relevant engineering experience in oil and gas process / production or refining.
* Offshore experience.
* Good knowledge of offshore process and production systems, regulatory standards and industry norms and specifications.
* Experience of delivering process calculations (valve sizing, line sizing, thermal analysis, mass balance).
* Confident in assessing Process safety risk.
* Confident in discussing Process topics with offshore and onshore stakeholders.
* Experience with FPSOs in a North Sea environment.
* Experience with challenges of a late life asset.
* Valid BOSIET, MIST and medical for UK offshore travel.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/063885.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.