Senior Process Design Engineer - London
Exciting opportunity to join a leading Energy Company specialising in the design and development of long-duration energy storage solutions for utility and distributed power systems. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of talented Process Engineers at a small but growing international organisation who are leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the production and development of process engineering deliverables for a range of projects. The ideal candidate will have strong technical capabilities and experience facilitating and participating in process safety studies.
* Leading process safety related activities by contributing to documents such as Basis of Safety and ESD Philosophy and leading/specifying project safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP and LOPA.
* Sizing and specification of turbomachinery, pumps, vessels, heat exchangers and valves.
* Checking, approving and ownership of technical drawings including P&IDs and PFDs.
* Checking, approving and ownership of deliverables including heat and mass balances, line lists and cause & effect diagrams.
* Collaboration with vendors, internal discipline engineers and contractors to advance the process design.
* MEng Degree or equivalent qualification in Chemical Engineering.
* Process safety experience including participation in and/or facilitation of safety studies such as HAZID, HAZOP and LOPA.
* Process modelling experience (Unisim, Aspen HYSYS, Aspen +, MATLAB, PRO/II etc.)
* Sound report writing skills and ability to prepare, comprehend and communicate engineering and technological documents.
* Process plant commissioning and operating experience an advantage.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.