Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Planning Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide pro-active planning & schedule support in accordance with company procedures
* Interface with and build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, 3rd Party Contractor Teams and Company Business Groups
* Develop Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), complying with the requirements of company processes and aligned to Project requirements
* Development, management and distribution of project plans reflecting various levels of detail within the integrated project planning environment
* Development, management and distribution of various levels of performance analysis reports in relation to progress and productivity
* Schedule optimisation by proactively identifying opportunities, clashes and threats where performance is at variance with the baseline plan. Facilitate meetings to manage the aforementioned through to agreement and resolution. Develop proposals for management approval
* Produce ad-hoc plans as required
* Support Project Management and Discipline Engineering personnel during weekly progress meetings
* Have the ability to present planning information to management teams from both within the Company and also 3rd Party Contractors
* Facilitate Company, 3rd Party Contractor and ad-hoc planning meetings
* Prepare for and contribute to risk review / probabilistic analysis as necessary
* Participate in specific planning management audits
* Prepare for and contribute to project peer reviews
* Update and report on key performance indicators as required
* This position may involve support to planning functions in other countries and as such occasional travel may be necessary.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Must have experience within a senior planning role
* Experience within an operator (preferred)
* Educated to a degree or HNC level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (preferred)
* Sound knowledge of Primavera P6
* Have planning experience covering full lifecycle delivery of both topsides and subsea works in greenfield and brownfield environments
* Both onshore and offshore planning experience (preferred)
* Experience in a relevant industry position where robust planning is key to the ongoing success of the business
* Ability to interpret construction reports, vendor reports and engineering reports. Collate all progress data, update integrated project schedules and produce standard tabular / graphical reports. Identify potential delays and propose proactive solutions
* Team player with ability to build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, Company Business Groups and 3rd party contractors
* Ability to make decisions, meet deadlines and a track record of delivering results
* Ability to influence and persuade
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Deliver to a challenging reporting calendar
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065466.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.