- Posted 03 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Planning Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Update and maintain the planning and progress monitoring processes to ensure that each element of the asset/ project performs the workscope in a timely and consistent manner
* Own the overall schedule progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses
* Develop status reporting framework and implement throughout the planning hierarchy
* Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Management
* Review, assess, analyse, and provide commentary on the Operators plans within the Non-Operated portfolio
* Review scope change requests for the impact on schedules and the critical path of the project
* Prepare reconciliation between earlier schedules and the current schedule
* Consolidate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and "What if scenarios" to aid project management decision-making
* liaise with and challenge Senior Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers
* Contribute to the development of contract strategies documents. Ensure that all contract key dates and milestones align with the overall integrated plan. Evaluate bid schedules and review contractor plans to support contract award recommendations
* Contribute to the development of the project's risk profiles and translate these into the plans using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate. Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion, float consumption and the release of the schedule contingency
* Contribute to the development of the project's risk profiles and translate these into the plans using
deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate.
* Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion,
float consumption and the release of the schedule contingency.
* Implement, ensure compliance and utilise the Company standard tools and processes
* Provide input data for and conduct benchmarking activities
* Deliver close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation)
at completion of work
* Development and maintenance of various levels of plan including five-year asset plans, including maturation of the opportunity hopper, subsurface opportunities, critical infrastructure upgrades,
development projects, wells, turnarounds, interventions etc.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Operator background
* Asset Experience
* Primavera Experience
* Previous Oil & Gas Industry Experience including planning on Operated and Non-Operated assets, full lifecycle execution of Capital Projects, Brownfield Modifications, Subsea Projects, and Decommissioning activities.
* Sound knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques including planning software, with experience in the control and ownership of Corporate Planning Systems
* Experience in resource loadings, constraints and schedule optimisation
* Demonstrate an involvement in updating and maintaining a suite of reports to support different time/ reporting requirements
* Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team is essential and operate in the external environment, with various Assets, contractors and co-venturers etc.
* Have abroad technical understanding and commercial sense
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, changeable environment and manage a workload for multiple customers and deadlines
* Good inter-personal and leadership skills
* Good team player but also self-driven and a proven achiever
* Good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential
* Strong project management and technical skills
* A working knowledge of Primavera (PG) is essential. Superuser training and experience preferred
* Expert use of MS Office packages (specifically excel)
* Knowledge of Schedule Risk Management, third party reporting software and Power Bi would be an advantage
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062604.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.