Orion Group are sourcing a Senior Planner on behalf of our client, a leading industrial services supplier to companies in the oil and gas, energy, chemical, pharmaceutical and steelworks sectors. This is a permanent position, based in Westhill, Aberdeen.
This role reports directly to the E&C Lead Planner and is responsible for all Planning functions within the E&C Department. The Planner, by progress measurement and reporting, will highlight any potential issue which could lead to potential delays. They will Interface with all other Departments/Stakeholders to update and verify the plans through to final execution. As a point of contact for the Company Asset Planners the Senior Planner will ensure the status of all RFM`s are communicated on a weekly basis
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creating and updating the E&C plans in collaboration with the Project Managers and Discipline Leads.
- Liaising with the relevant Asset planner to ensure construction activities (including vendor resources) have been incorporated into the asset plan correctly.
- Ensuring latest forecast dates are provided to the cost engineer.
- Liaising with Procurement, to ensure latest procurement dates are captured.
- Chair the weekly planning meetings for responsible assets.
- Responsible for Manpower Histograms and Productivity Reports identifying any potential resourcing issues.
- Any other Planning Tasks as requested
- Proven oil & gas industry experience in a similar position
- E&C experience essential
- HNC/HND Engineering discipline
- Experienced in building plans and introducing Progress Measurement systems
- Primavera P6 advanced user
- Good reporting skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity please call Cameron Lisle on 07701381227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.