Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Reading - 100% onsite
- Providing Planning expertise to internal customers within the projects supported.
- Implementing Planning processes, policies and procedures within the projects supported.
- Producing Planning and EV deliverables in accordance with agreed business rhythm within the projects.
- Deliver of long range operational integrated Programme Planning activities.
- Supporting the Business Management Manager with emergent projects as directed by Business Controller.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with and awareness of key project stakeholders.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Delivering Project Controls Planning and EVM expertise and analysis for projects, to produce accurate and timely schedule forecast information to enable business decision-making.
- Quality of EV variance analysis for schedule performance. (SPI)
- Supporting the development and continuous improvement of the end-to-end Planning processes and the production and maintenance of associated policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Supporting the delivery of Planning tools and EVMS, templates and training to internal customers.
- Reviewing project WBS and agreeing / recommending changes to the Project's Control Manager.
- Provision of Planning resource for peer reviews as appropriate.
- Solid planning experience / background (Essential)
- Primavera P6 - Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
- Experience within a Defence or Aviation Industry (Highly desirable)
- Analysis of existing plans within the space
- Presentation experience
- Executive/customer facing position
- Knowledge of Government work would be helpful
- Stakeholder relationships/communication skills
- Membership of a Professional body would be nice to have, but experience is more important
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.