SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Company is currently seeking a Senior Piping Engineer to join our multi-discipline Engineering and Construction team which is responsible for executing our major LNG project and which supports our carbon capture venture. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the oil and gas industry, including several years' experience in liquefied natural gas (LNG) facility design and a comprehensive understanding of industry codes and standards. This individual will play a critical role in the design and drafting of complex piping systems.
Experience with materials take-offs for piping systems, preparation of bills of material, piping materials specifications and technical evaluation of bids and purchase requisitions would be an asset.
* Serves as Company's senior piping representative during FEED, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up, and operation of Company projects.
* Collaborates with the Company Engineering team to ensure that Company facilities are designed to be safe, fit-for-purpose, and meet the specified operational standards.
* Leverages expertise in LNG piping systems to contribute to detailed design, field installation, commissioning, start-up and operation of Company's projects.
* Reviews and develops detailed piping system layouts and schematics using 3D modeling software.
* Understands and applies relevant industry codes and standards for oil, gas, and LNG facilities to the design of piping systems.
* Reviews EPC contractor deliverables including data sheets, design bases, specifications, isometric drawings, P&IDs, line lists, engineering calculations, vendor documents, engineering studies, scopes of work, and material take-offs.
* Contributes to the creation of data sheets, drawings, material requisitions, technical evaluations, and equipment specifications for piping, including special equipment.
* Participates in design reviews, risk assessments, and safety studies and other technical evaluations, including process hazard analyses, 3D model reviews, and constructability reviews.
* Facilitates piping and special equipment related technical discussions with partners such as equipment suppliers, regulators, and technology partners.
* Oversees the creation of monitoring and preservation programs and ensures their successful implementation to ensure target facility reliability and availability.
* Participates in commissioning activities such as walk-downs, inspections and pre start-up safety reviews.
* Supervises the EPC contractor on-site to ensure piping and special equipment is delivered, installed, and maintained in accordance with project standards and specifications, design, and contractual terms.
* Potential relocation to jobsites, and travel assignments to fabrication yards, project sites, or engineering offices, which may include locations outside of the United States.
Minimum experience required for the position
* 10+ years experience as a Piping Engineer on similar large oil & gas projects
* 5+ years experience in the execution phase of LNG liquefaction projects
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
* Proficient in 3D modeling software such as AutoCAD, PDMS, SP3D, Navisworks, or similar.
* Ability to work to project deadlines, assuring the accuracy and timely completion of deliverables.
* Working knowledge of project documents such as PFD's, P&ID's, 3D models, piping stress analysis, routing, equipment specifications, packaged equipment, vendor documents, and commissioning and start up procedures.
* Working knowledge of typical work processes employed in the execution of large-scale EPC projects, including management of change, design change evaluations, and requests for information.
* Strong working knowledge of the hydrocarbon processing industry, including LNG, refining, and petrochemicals.
* Expert knowledge of industry codes and standards (API, ASME ANSI, ISO).
* Experience with the review of specifications for piping, valves, insulation, and related items for Company's projects.
* Expert knowledge in the design and specification of manual valves, control valves and piping specialty items.
* Good peripheral knowledge of the contribution of other disciplines such as control systems, rotating equipment, and process engineering to the success of project execution.
* Mechanical Engineering or specialist degree
* Communicates effectively at all levels of the organization to ensure clarity in expectations requirements, and deliverables
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Comfortable working and collaborating with a major EPC
* Team player with solid presentation and reporting skills
* Welcomes working in a fast paced, challenging and diverse environment
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.