Senior Operational Safety Advisor
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAnna Fryer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Operational Safety Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Maintain a high awareness of industry and professional best practice through effective networking, professional organisations, journals, etc
* Provides operational safety and occupational health expertise and advice to CNS Field Operations, Performance & Growth, Geosciences, Wells Construction & Maintenance teams and Geosciences
* Responsible for providing support to site based HSE professionals and working with them on common objectives.
* Responsible for the input of Health and Safety objectives into the annual asset HSE improvement plan.
* Responsible for the input of Health and Safety audits into the annual asset audit plan through a risk based assessment looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends
* Responsible for conducting audits in accordance with the asset audit plan
* Responsible for ensuring that the company's management system relating to safety and health is fully implemented on the asset
* Responsible for the production of appropriate Level 3 and Level 4 procedures and related training materials for occupational safety and health
* Responsible for providing the required support to assets during implementation of safety and occupational health plans and procedures. This support may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation.
* Coordinate safety & occupational health support for onshore and offshore health & safety committees
* Assist in the preparation of emergency and bridging documents
* Assist in the preparation of Contractor Interface documents and facilitation of contractor HSE forums
* Responsible for attending and providing the input to Contractor Performance review meetings
* Facilitate accident investigation/root cause analysis
* Assist in communicating information relating to incidents within the asset and also sharing lessons learned from Rex+
* Assist in the implementation of HSE I & S applications within the asset (e.g. Safety Observation Database, Stop the Job, Synergi and permit to work)
* Responsible for ensuring the asset inputs the correct information into Synergi and ensuring Synergi governance is adhered to
* Assist in the compilation of SIMOPS dossiers for simultaneous operations between Operations and Construction/Operations and Drilling, Seismic and Operations
* Responsible for ensuring all occupational health issues within the asset are effectively controlled (e.g. accommodation hygiene, potable water management, noise, handling of chemicals/COSHH, ergonomics, radioactive materials, health surveillance, management of hazardous substances e.g. mercury, benzene, etc.).
* Ensure occupational health risk assessment files for each operational site are maintained
* Responsible for attending the daily morning call for operations, delegating when not available and sharing the information with the team
Experience & Qualifications:
* Professional safety/occupational health qualification
* Relevant experience
* Capable of influencing the impact of emerging legislation and industry trends
* Representing the company at an industry level and leading/facilitating workgroups
* Good knowledge of UK onshore and offshore health & safety legislation, sufficient to offer good advice without reference, and be able to offer detailed advice through reference to documentation
* Thorough knowledge of company and group health & safety standards and procedures
* Auditor training
* Trained in incident investigations of significant accidents/incidents
* Possess current Offshore Survival Certificate and OGUK medical
Contract position - 3-4 months absence cover
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066575.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.