We have a current opportunity for a Senior Offshore Structures Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Surrey.
this is with a leading consultancy.
- As a Senior Structural Engineer, you'll work within the team executing innovative projects across the renewables and oil and gas sectors. The scope of the role is broad, ranging from concept and FEED design of fixed and floating offshore structures to providing ongoing support to in-service assets and solving emerging issues.
- You'll have an excellent grasp of the fundamentals of stress engineering, as well as experience in applying commonly used European and International civil and structural design codes. Principally we are looking for people who understand not only what the design codes say, but, more importantly, why.
- You will have experience of using both specialist offshore analysis software (e.g., Sesam, SACS, Orcaflex) and general-purpose finite element analysis software (e.g. Abaqus).
- You will be responsible for producing clear and concise technical reports and will also support the team by checking their reports.
- You will be required to prepare and/or check specifications, design calculations, drawings and MTOs quickly and efficiently.
- Petrofac's processes and procedures are key to efficient delivery, and you will ensure all outputs are compliant with our ISO accredited quality, project control, safety and integrity procedures.
- You'll manage and supervise the work of others including more junior staff, workshare offices and subcontractors.
- Utilizing your experience, you will plan work packages, report and forecast progress
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Hold Chartered status with a recognized professional institution, have a good civil/structural or similar engineering master's degree and have proven experience of working on Concept, FEED and EPC projects.
- Good communication skills are essential, and you will have an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and experience in a number of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Structural steelwork design and analysis
- Design of wind farm offshore substation jackets and topsides
- Nonlinear analysis
- Dynamic / modal assessment
- Fatigue of offshore structures
- Fracture mechanics
- Structural assessment and appraisal
- Blast design.
- Fixed and floating structures
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.