- Posted 26 April 2022
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameSusan Ferguson
Senior NDT Engineer
Location - Glasgow
Competitive salary and flexible benefits package
Responsible for oversight of project NDT activities, providing leadership and direction to the NDT Inspectors and assisting the NDT Manager in the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Pipeline Group Production Technical Department.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
Develop and provide effective interfaces with clients, other departments and NDT Subcontractors.
Support tender submissions through accurate definition of scope, evaluation of risks and opportunities and raising effective and concise technical clarifications and qualifications.
Provide leadership for project NDT inspection activities:
- Vet, amend and authorise NDT procedures for all projects and develop new NDT techniques as required.
- Assist in the review of the status of all NDT projects, support resolution of issues, provide technical assistance and take corrective/improvement action as required.
- Lead effective risk management solutions.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration is maintained with all internal and external stakeholders.
Education and Qualifications:
- PCN level 3: UT, RT, MT, PT
- PCN level 2: ToFD, PA
- Working knowledge of AUT systems and AUT interpretation
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.