- Posted 19 April 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Mechanical Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Working on projects from a variety of sectors including semi-conductors, transport, renewables and oil and gas.
* Work as part of a team of engineers to provide delivery of mechanical work scopes, working on designs to solve clients' needs in a collaborative team environment. Offshore travel is likely; up to 30 days per year.
* Specific tasks will include supporting work scope methodologies, providing drawings and calculations in support of design, whilst capturing project variations and risks. You'll need to perform surveys as required and be the client and company assigned engineer.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree or HND qualified in mechanical engineering or similar and/or a chartered member with a relevant institution such as IMechE/IMarE/IET. You will have carried out a senior mechanical engineering role in the infrastructure, pharma or energy sectors.
* You'll have experience of executing engineering calculations (MathCad, Matlab, 3D modelling and simulation software).
* As a professional engineer you will be able to manage your time and conflicting priorities whilst adapting to change and seeking out opportunities or guidance when required.
Permanent or Contract position
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: CR/054127.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.