Great opportunity to work as a Senior Legal Counsel for a young, highly ambitious, high growth Energy E&P company headquartered in London.
They are focused on countries where they can make a positive impact on the socio-economic development of the country. My client's vision is to be a best in class African-focused energy company that their stakeholders can be proud of.
- Responsible for legal matters arising within the African assets.
- Management of day-to-day corporate governance, legal secretary requirements and entity management of the African entities.
- Operational support of the African business, including supporting other functions such as environmental, insurance and regulatory.
- Provide legal and strategic advice to operations, business development, and Company management, including about applicable legal requirements (under law, regulation, or contract), contractual rights and obligations, legal risk and mitigation, regulatory developments and requirements, and labor and employment matters.
- Supporting the General Counsel in legal operational matters arising for assets within the region.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's internal policies and procedures, including providing support for the Compliance function and its activities.
- Support on development activities (M&A and project development) and financing/project financing in Africa as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Strong academic background
- 8+ years' experience in law firms or in-house.
- Experience in energy sector is essential working as a Legal Counsel or Corporate Lawyer.
- French language skills a plus but not essential
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.