Senior Integrity Engineer - Structures
- Posted 09 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment, Energy Recruitment
- Contact NameEwan Melling
Great opportunity to work as a Senior Structural Integrity Engineer for a global oil and gas E&P company on their Southern North Sea assets.
The primary aspect of the role is to support and manage integrity assurance and engineering assessments with regards to asset structural integrity, regulatory compliance, performance, people and costs.
This role supports the specific goal of ensuring structural assets remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life. You will need an in-depth understanding of offshore structural engineering, recognition of defects and anomalies and the ability to engineer remedial actions as necessary. Additionally, engineering working knowledge of corrosion issues is also required.
Key Requirements Include:
- Further education degree (BSc or BEng) in Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering.
- Working towards or already have professional membership of an appropriate Institute (ICE, IStructE or IMechE) and Chartered status.
Experience & Attributes:
- You should ideally have 5 years' experience working as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity (topside and submerged sections) of mature offshore fixed platforms together with a good grounding in the application of API (RP2A), ISO 19901's or other pertinent design codes.
- Candidates with equivalent structural engineering experience and a passion for steelwork structures in challenging environments will be considered.
- Very good communication skills are required in order to provide timely and appropriate feedback to team members and operational personnel in the carrying out of the described duties.
This is an office-based position, working Monday to Friday with flexibility to work 1 day p/w remotely, and will involve some offshore travel as operationally required.
Great salary & benefits package available for the right candidate.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.