Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Instrument & Controls Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
*Must have the rights to work in the UK*
* Providing technical support with regard to the repair and maintenance of installation equipment.
* During the procurement- and construction phase assists the Onshore Asset Superintendents and Coordinators in vendor/(sub)contractor selection, definition of and participation in inspections and review of instrumentation related documentation. Participates in FAT when and where required.
* Reports to the Onshore Asset Superintendents and Coordinators on progress, setbacks and concerns when assigned to an activity or project.
* Implements the HSEQ&RC requirements and assists the Onshore Asset Superintendents and Coordinators in related meetings.
* Periodically verifies Atex register and related Maximo content for correctness and completeness.
* Reviewing planned maintenance routines to ensure equipment is maintained correctly whilst making most effective use of work force.
* Performs offshore surveys for discipline when and where required.
* Supports reliability improvement projects.
* On request of the assigned manager or Corporate Technical Authority act as technical advisor in construction/commissioning activities and during asset operation
* Is involved in establishing the fabrication and construction specifications when and where required.
* Signals technical risks and anomalies in projects to the Section Head Floating Production Engineering and Asset Managers.
* Keeps knowledge and procedures up to date on all relevant aspects and shares this within the section.
* Reports regularly to the Section Head Floating Production Engineering on personal achievements and section matters.
* Checks work of colleagues to improve quality.
* Correctly administrates work.
* Uses and maintains corporate standards. Develops and proposes improvements.
* If necessary, performs activities abroad, on site or with client.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Recognized education in the instrumentation/Control/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
* Relevant experience in instrumentation/control engineering, including relevant field experience in instrumentation/control maintenance and engineering.
* Excellent written and spoken English.
* Computer literacy for discipline calculations, document processing, spreadsheets and database management.
* CompEx qualification.
* Knowledge of instrumentation and wiring software.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063253.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.