Great opportunity to work for a major integrated energy company as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer on offshore wind projects.
The role encompasses the geotechnical aspects of the design, construction, and installation of foundations for Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) and associated infrastructure (substations, cables) in support of offshore wind projects and operations.
- Provide geotechnical engineering expertise across the company's offshore wind portfolio from bid through development to operations.
- Work within an integrated geoscience team to build fit-for-purpose ground models for wind farm engineering.
- Utilise ground models to ensure robust foundation concept selection, design, installation and operation for fixed and floating facilities, minimizing LCoE.
- Quantify and present risks to relevant customers to ensure they are understood, controlled and continuously reduced across the business.
- Ensure safe and cost-efficient design and integrity management throughout asset life in accordance with industry technical practices and standards.
- Maintain relationships with third party suppliers, contractors, and other partners.
- Actively contribute to technology development and to the wider geotechnical engineering community of practice to share knowledge and findings.
What You will need to be successful:
- Civil/geotechnical engineering degree.
- Fundamental understanding of soil and rock constitutive behaviour.
- Proven experience in Offshore Wind ground engineering, and proficient to design, manage, check, approve, authorise and take ownership for a wide range of ground engineering services, and foundation types (e.g. Monopiles, suction caissons, driven piles, drilled and grouted piles, shallow foundations).
- Proven experience in planning and implementation of site investigations, characterisation and ground model development by means of standard and advanced methods for sampling and testing of soils and rocks, assimilation and integration of data with geological and geophysical information, and development of geotechnical basis of design.
- Excellent knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both oral and written.
- Proven experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and major projects with minimal technical supervision.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.