Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Finance Analyst, based in Aberdeen.
* Development and follow up of annual opex budget and forecast for operated upstream assets, by opex class/account/WBS/JIB line item.
* Development and follow up of life-of-field opex forecast and its integration in the business cases (internal and external/JV).
* Support to field optimisation work and improvement projects.
* Support to asset controllers on issues relating to cost management, reporting and analysis (incl. intercompany transactions).
* Collaborate with field operations, maintenance, modification teams regarding planning, budgeting and cost management.
* Period-end reporting and analysis (incl. SAP accruals/journals, variance analysis, presentations to asset team, partner reporting, JV billings, external audit etc,).
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor or master's degree in finance, accounting or related discipline.
* Experience in finance or accounting for oil and gas activities, preferably with a UK upstream operator.
* Professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CMA) would be advantageous.
* Strong IT skills, particularly in SAP and Microsoft Office.
* Strong business understanding and commercial acumen.
* Strong communication skills with the ability to work seamlessly across functions, influence others and deliver to tight deadlines.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Fluent English language spoken and written
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/062572.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.