We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Field/ Back up Panel Operations Technician on a permanent basis that is based in the beautiful Stikine/Kitimat area of British Columbia. A great opportunity to enjoy all what the Westcoast of BC has to offer!
The primary responsibility of the Senior Field Technician/Backup Panel Technician role, while working on one of Canada's largest LNG project, in conducting of normal duties includes overseeing, and assisting junior level Technicians in the continuous outside operations in the process area of the facility, including the gas preparation, condensate stabilization, and liquefaction units. These duties include but not limited to performing site checks, adjusting equipment in consult with the control room, preparing equipment for maintenance, and assisting maintenance and other support groups for optimal efficiency and availability of the plant. For more information on the postion and for a full position description please apply.
To be successful, you will have:
- Minimum 7 years' experience with 3-5 years of panel experience (Gas Processing, Refinery or Petrochemical preferred).
- Must have 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate or higher.
- Wastewater Treatment is preferred for the purposes of eventual cross training in the Utilities Area (but not a mandatory).
- Possession of an Environmental Operators Certification Level 2 in Water Treatment and or
- Commissioning and start up experience - preferred.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Self-starter, be flexible to work in the Field or Panel as assigned/required.
- Possess a strong commitment to working safely and adhering to safe work practices.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to make timely decisions associated with process upsets.
- NFPA f08f or f002 certification is preferred (but not mandatory); however, NFPA level certifications will be required during run and maintain phase of plant operation -- training may be provided - if required.
This role requires that you:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., by way of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or valid work permit)
- Live in the beautiful District of Kitimat-Stikine (Kitimat/Terrace). For applicants located outside of the region, you are encouraged to explore what Kitimat has to offer in terms of lifestyle including schooling, local amenities, outdoor adventure, and housing, to ensure Kitimat is where you would like to call your new home.
- Know that this is a 12hr rotating shift role with nights and days. Rotating shift will have two 3-day (Fri, Sat. Sun) weekends a month.
- Know that based on your background, the production team may assign you to Common Facilities areas.
- Know that this is a shift role, required to work night shift, weekends and holidays.
- Are willing to comply with COMPANY's drug-free and harassment-free work environment and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work at heights and in confined spaces.
- Using safe lifting techniques, able to lift and carry 23 kg from ground to waist level.
- Willing and able to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Ability to work safely wearing a respirator or Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Willing and able to participate on an emergency response team and able to successfully complete ER specific fitness to work assessment.
- Undergo a pre-placement medical assessment of your fitness for duty, a background check and pre-site access testing for alcohol and specified drugs.
- Have a valid Driver's license.
On offer includes:
- A Competitive Remuneration package
- A Comprehensive relocation package
- A full suite of benefits including a flexible Medical and Health plan
- A Defined Contribution Pension plan with a matching program
- A competitive vacation offering to ensure a work life balance
- Further Training if required
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.