Senior ESG / Sustainability Advisor
- Posted 16 May 2023
- Salary £60000 - £90000 per annum + medical insurance,pension,33 days holiday
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy Recruitment
- Contact NameIsabella Lotocka
Senior Sustainability Advisor* London*Perm*up up to £90k!
Are passionate about sustainability and want to make a real difference?
Do you have experience in development of thematic programes (e.g. ocean health, biodiversity)?
Are you an awesome communicator with a lot of experience dealing with external stakeholders?
If answer is yes, please keep on reading.
We are currently looking for a Senior Sustainability Specialist to join my client team of changemakers.
To guide towards a more sustainable future by providing technical advice and guidance on sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues. From developing thematic programs to ensuring compliance with regulations, you'll play a critical role in shaping our approach to sustainability.
* Working with the Group Head of Sustainability, in supporting the interpretation, implementation, and alignment with current and emerging Sustainability / ESG disclosure frameworks e.g. Task Force for Nature related Financial Disclosures (TNFD), International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB), Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP); Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
* Lead author on key specific Sustainability/ESG disclosures, including non-financial environmental disclosures, e.g. CDP (e.g. Water), TNFD, and specific content author for other key reports and communications collateral, e.g. Sustainability Report, Half Year Results, Trading Statements, Annual Report.
* Ad-hoc provision of data to support submissions to external ratings agencies, requests from underwriters, etc.
* Attend internal and external events/conferences/seminars on ESG topics, relevant to key stakeholders, develop internal / external stakeholder network and briefs for the wider team/organisation.
* Degree/diploma, relevant to an ESG / Sustainability domain: Engineering; Science; Finance.
* Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
* Able to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders.
* Able to work effectively as part of a team.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Keen eye for detail.
* Takes a proactive approach.
* Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion.
* React quickly & flexible to changing circumstances.
* Use initiative to ensure issues are overcome.
* Seek ways to find and apply best practice.
* Adopt a pragmatic, fit for purpose approach.
* Confident dealing with a wide range of stakeholders within a dynamic environment.
* Open, honest & reliable.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.