Vacancies have arisen within the Strategic Directorate for a Senior Environmental Specialist. The purpose of the post is to provide experienced environmental professionals to execute the environmental closure & demolition organisation programme of work. The job holder will be responsible for performing and directing environmental activities and document delivery throughout the project lifecycle.
Hear from the hiring manager:
My team is made up of experienced and skilled team players that excel at working in a niche area of the nuclear industry. I would like to welcome an individual that can bring their knowledge, experience and skills from the nuclear sector or another industry or sector, and transfer them to further develop and enhance our safe delivery of the client mission.
- Support the development of implementation of the environmental management processes & standards, within the Integrated Management System are appropriate to deliver the environmental characterisation, remediation and restoration requirements.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders and regulators on environmental monitoring and closure issues.
- Provide advice & guidance to the site on the implementation of environment management processes and standards with respect to site closure and achieving the contracted Interim End State (IES) requirements.
- Support development of sanction documents and business plans.
- Deliver the integrated site clean up and closure programme to achieve IES.
- Manage and review the environmental data sets.
- Support the project manager in the day-to-day delivery of tasks and problem solving.
- Produce and mentor others in the production of technical reports, specifications, documentation and assessments.
- Represent client at internal and external forums as delegated.
- Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post. Be appointed to the RWA Corporate Body.
- Manage staff as a Line Manager.
- Experience of Hydrogeology, radiological performance assessment or contaminated land assessment/remediation OR
- Qualified geologist, hydrogeologist, hydrologist, environmental scientist, geochemist or other environmental scientific discipline related to land quality management or environmental monitoring activities
- Professional membership preferably chartered to relevant body
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.