Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Environmental Advisor, based in Aberdeen.
12-month contract role supporting a number of interesting projects in the North Sea.
The role can be considered on a Limited Company basis.
* Environmental Compliance: Ensure that all company operations comply with relevant environmental laws, regulations, and permits. Monitor changes in environmental legislation and assess their impact on company operations.
* Environmental Impact Assessment: Conduct environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and risk assessments to identify potential environmental risks and develop mitigation strategies.
* Permitting and Reporting: Manage the permitting process for new and existing facilities,
* ensuring timely submission of permit applications and compliance with permit conditions. Prepare and submit required environmental reports.
* Waste Management: Oversee waste management programs, including hazardous waste disposal, recycling, and waste reduction initiatives. Ensure proper storage and handling of hazardous materials.
* Air and Water Quality: Monitor and manage air emissions and water discharges from company operations. Implement strategies to reduce emissions and improve air and water quality.
* Environmental Auditing: Conduct environmental audits and inspections to identify areas of non-compliance and opportunities for improvement. Develop corrective action plans and track their implementation.
* Environmental Management Systems (EMS): Develop, implement, and maintain an Environmental Management System in accordance with industry standards (e.g., ISO 14001) to continuously improve environmental performance.
* Sustainability Initiatives: Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement sustainability initiatives, including carbon reduction programs, energy efficiency projects, and biodiversity conservation efforts.
* Training and Awareness: Provide environmental training to employees, contractors, and stakeholders to ensure a strong culture of environmental responsibility and awareness.
* Emergency Response: Develop and maintain emergency response plans for environmental incidents, ensuring rapid and effective response to mitigate environmental damage.
* Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with regulatory agencies, community groups, and NGOs to build positive relationships and address environmental concerns.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's or master's degree in environmental science, Environmental Engineering, or a related field.
* Relevant experience in environmental management, preferably in the oil and gas industry.
* In-depth knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental regulations and permitting processes.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Project management experience is a plus.
* Professional certifications (e.g., Certified Environmental Professional) may be preferred.
12-month contract role supporting a number of interesting projects in the North Sea. The role can be considered on a Limited Company basis.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: CR/068834.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.