- Posted 28 June 2022
- Salary £60.00 - £65.00 per hour + Umbrella PAYE
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameAngela Henderson
Electrical & Senior Electrical Design Engineers
Working from home
UK sites at Bristol, Plymouth and Rosyth
£60-£65 per hour Umbrella PAYE
We currently have several vacancies for Electrical & Senior Electrical Design Engineers at our sites in Plymouth, Bristol and Rosyth, the role with be working from home with occasional site visit for project meetings.
As an Electrical or Senior Electrical Design Engineer, you will have the support of a large team of likeminded electrical and electronic engineers to give support to, and to learn and give support from; sharing best practice and enabling you to grow within your profession
About the role
This role will provide you with the opportunity to deliver complex electrical/ electronic solutions within an exciting, interesting team environment. Each week will provide you with new challenges that will test your skills and knowledge.
Your main responsibilities as an Senior Electrical and Electronic Design Engineer will involve:
- Responsible for Electrical/Electronic aspects of marine system design
- Integrating practical electrical, electronic combat and automation product solutions not only within the same disciplines but defining the interfaces with others constructively and mechanically.
- Producing technical requirements at product and sub-system levels
- Developing Electrical/Electronic engineering design solutions for a variety of different platforms across the full Engineering Lifecycle. This will include substantiating the integrity and performance of new system designs within their operating environments
What we're looking for in you:
You will have strong commitment, drive and self-motivation with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal allowing you to integrate and converse with a diverse team of engineers. You will have the ability to challenge others effectively, technically lead others by example, and manage both short and long-term engineering objectives.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Qualified to degree level, or HNC/HND equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Ideally, you will be a member of a relevant institution (e.g. RINA, IET, IMechE, IMarEst etc.) and hold or working towards Chartered or Incorporated status or you will have demonstrable engineering experience and be capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
- The ideal candidate will be an Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer with experience in engineering calculation, analysis and integration with an understanding of system electrical design.
- It would be beneficial if you have experience working on UK naval marine shipbuilding projects or defence related design experience but this is not essential. Electrical & Electronics experience in other industries would be considered including facilities, Oil & Gas and Aviation.
- Experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment.
- Proven experience of relevant industry standards.
- Experience of all phases of the engineering lifecycle and configuration control system.
Join us and the projects you'll be involved in will form the backbone of the Royal Navy for decades to come. You'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
What else do I need to know?
You will work 36 hours per week Monday to Friday with flexible agile working and you must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security Clearance.
Locations: Devonport, Bristol or Rosyth
At Babcock we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
Babcock Energy & Marine (E&M)
Energy & Marine (E&M) is a business unit within the Marine Division of Babcock International Group. E&M Engineering is a leading design consultancy providing naval architecture, marine, system engineering, electrical engineering design and project support services to the marine and defence markets worldwide. We have vast experience in engineering, construction, concept design and through life support for a wide range of front line naval and auxiliary support vessels.
The Division is expanding rapidly with complex, high-profile defence projects including Type 31 Frigate Design & Build Programme and the Successor Programme, as well as, providing engineering services to the UK Surface Ship and Submarine fleet. Also, with ongoing additional framework agreements, infrastructure projects, export markets and research & development projects. Therefore, we are looking to grow our existing team, building on a well-established foundation of over 700 staff across the UK. We are recruiting staff in all disciplines, to join us at Bristol, Devonport or Rosyth with flexible working arrangements and UK travel to meet project requirements.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.