Great opportunity to work for a Major Integrated Energy Company as a Senior Development Engineer on onshore wind & solar projects.
The role will support the origination, scoping and early feasibility assessment of onshore wind, solar and storage projects primarily in support of large integrated hydrogen projects and decarbonization of my client's hydrocarbon assets.
The role is a based in Houston with hybrid office / remote working available.
The successful individual will bring expertise renewable energy technologies, resource measurement, yield assessment, concept design, engineering, construction and operations to the early stages of project development. They will work closely with business developers, project developers and central technical specialists to ensure projects are appropriately assessed, designed and drive value as far as practical in the early development stages.
- Work closely with other functions to identify, originate and assess onshore renewables project development opportunities typically in support of multi-GW scale hydrogen production or decarbonization of hydrocarbon assets.
Support delivery of technical aspect of projects up to Feasibility including resource measurement, yield assessment, geotechnical, grid connection, technology, engineering, constructability and operability assessments that relate to onshore renewables.
Provide technical feedback into project approval processes, ensure appropriate technical assurance and comprehensive handovers.
Support acquisition processes as required including leading the technical elements of due diligence assessments.
Lead interactions with technical consultants to deliver project studies, assessments and early-stage design work.
Provide recommendations into site specific project development budgets and delivery programmes
Demonstrate leadership values & behaviours which promote a safe and environmentally responsible work culture and ensure HSSE risks are considered in the screening and feasibility assessments.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field is required, Master's degree a plus.
- You will have 10+ years' experience in leading technical elements of energy and infrastructure projects with 6 years direct experience in onshore wind and solar with a particular focus on project origination and early-stage feasibility assessment and / or concept design.
- Hydrogen experience a plus. Demonstrable experience of successfully providing technical support for project origination and progression of large-scale renewable energy projects through the early stages of development is vital to the role.
- Strong belief in safety and environmental responsibility with the ability to develop a strong safety culture in project teams.
- Good understanding of how the technical inputs affect procurement, project financing, investment case development and value.
- Able to optimize project concepts to deliver low levelized cost of electricity or hydrogen without compromising on safety.
This is a permanent staff position with a highly competetive base salary & benefits package available.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.