Contract Length: 18 months
Location: Reading (Hybrid - 2-3 days per week onsite minimum, dependant on business needs)
Qualify for Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS): Yes
- Provide technical guidance to the project delivery teams.
- Provide internal engineering design and consultancy capability within appointed discipline
- Ensure maintenance of appointed discipline standards.
- Ensure investigation of designs for compliance including all legal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure RLI of Quality of Engineering in discipline and compliance with the Design Control Plan.
- Ensure the preparation and delivery of design solutions which fully comply with all applicable current legislation, British Standards and client Design Standards to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Ensure compliance in all activities undertaken, with company safety, quality, environmental, security and health requirements.
- Applying the requirements EPIC Roadmap for Major Projects to all C&I Engineering design activities, and ensuring the delivery of compliant design documentation.
- Provide guidance to the supply chain under the direction of the SEM to ensure compliance with all relevant standards and the project interface schedule.
- Contributing to the development of the Design Configuration Plan, Project Interface Schedule and Design Programme.
- Prepare and lead design reviews.
- To deliver C&I Engineering designs which comply with the requirements of the client Design Safety Principles.
- To ensure that the nuclear safety standards demanded by the site license requirements are met in the delivery of the C&I Engineering designs.
- Ensuring that the C&I Engineering design is compatible with the safety case.
- Identification, documentation and management of all C&I Engineering design team interfaces.
- Participate, as required, in the Design Change Management process
- HND or Equivalent
- Solid experience as C&I Engineer
- Working knowledge of UK & EU standards
- Knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems
- Knowledge of hardwire systems
- Knowledge of safety management systems
- Knowledge of Programmable Control Systems (PLC)
- Design and Build for Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Electrical schematics and P&I Diagrams
- Cable schedules and block diagrams
- Control panel design and layout
- Nuclear Regulations and Design Codes
- Chartered Engineer - beneficial
- Experience in nuclear or high hazard industry - beneficial
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.